+27(10) 880 4739




Sponsor your relative’s entry into Canada.

study in canada

If you are a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident you can sponsor your spouse or common law partner, or parents to enter Canada.

The Canadian government has always promoted the reunifications of families.  One of the goals of Canada’s immigration is “to see that families are reunited in Canada.” However, not all family members are eligible to be sponsored. There are restrict rules involving who can be sponsored.

To determine your eligibility, please fill out the assessment form and one of our consultants will get back to you.

These are the family members who you can sponsor:

  • Spouse/common law partners;
  • Parents and grandparents;
  • Orphaned siblings, nieces, nephews or grandchildren (They must be under 18 years of age, both parents deceased and cannot be married)

How does it work?

The family sponsorship process in Canada involves two steps that happen at the same time. First, a Canadian must apply to become a “sponsor” of the foreign family member. Second, the family member must make an application for permanent residency in Canada. Once the sponsor meets the criteria set out by the government, the application for permanent residency by the family member will be reviewed. The document collection usually takes between 1-3 months and once the application has been submitted, the average processing time is 10-20 months. This can vary depending on where the application was submitted.

Beaver Immigration specialises in family sponsorship and has noticed an increase in the number of people living abroad who would like to return to Canada with their eligible family member.

If you would like to learn more about family sponsorship please book your consultation today



Sign up and stay up to date with the latest news in Canada.

[mc4wp_form id=107]